During the last two years it seems as though wall decals have been everywhere. Their popularity is growing but like anything else it is good to do your homework before proceeding. Hence, we’ve created this short post to give you a few insights about wall decals and how they differ from wallpaper.
Wall paper and wall decals each have their advantages and disadvantages. Vinyl is typically used to make wall decals, and they don’t usually cause damage to the walls when they are removed. On the other hand, wallpapering removal (especially when performed by an amateur) can cause damage to walls. Wall decals are easier to apply to walls but since they are a more temporary wall décor they are more susceptible to damage. In the same manner, wallpaper though durable is a more permanent wall décor thus takes much more time and skill to apply correctly. Each wall covering solution is better suited for some situations over other situations and uses. If you are having difficulty deciding what would be best for your circumstance, give us a call. We can give you honest advice that fits the lifestyle of you and your family.
Some wall decals make use of stencils. While reusable stencils could sometimes be the right option, they should only be used by those who are ready to undertake painting their walls. But, stencils are much like using wallpaper and are a more permanent or long-term solutions. If you use stenciling and then later decide that you don’t like the results, you will end up spending a lot of money as well as a lot of time changing the design.
Use Wall Decals if:
- You are a renter.
- Need to adhere to budgeting constraints.
- Want to make a change but don’t want to use a repeat pattern.
- Have been known to change your mind or be indecisive.
- Enjoy rethinking your space or making changes very regularly.
Use Wallpaper if:
- You are 100% positive that you are going to like having the wallpaper for a long time.
- Want to accent or design a wall in a pattern that repeats.
- Enjoy the textured effect like those that are offered by cloth wall coverings.
- Have walls that are unfinished.
- You have high-traffic areas, such as foyers or hallways, that need additional protection.
Paper Doll Interiors has been helping people around La Quinta, CA, with their home décor needs since 1972. To learn more about our services, call (760) 346-5944.